- Can you tell us what we can expect in your class?
A fun flowing vinyasa class with lots of dynamic movements helping you find meditation within the movement. Expect to laugh and be pushed to your edge at whatever level you are practicing.
- When did you first realise that you wanted to be a yoga teacher? What was the wow moment if any?
After a couple of years of practicing and allowing the yoga to heal me mentally and physically I realized that I had to bring this beautiful form of medicine to as many people as I could. And the only way to do that would be to teach. My wow moment was after I taught my first lesson in India at the end of my YTT and it just felt so natural. I felt humbled and excited. The ‘yoga high’ that took place after teaching my first class was my affirmation that this was the right path for me.
- Where is your favourite place to practice?
After being spoiled for many years travelling the world as an air hostess, I have to say on the beach in St Lucia as the sun sets. Absolute bliss.
- Have you got any advice for new students?
Trust the yoga! Nothing worth having is easy. Expect it to be bloody hard; whether that’s in the form of mentally hard or physically. It might not happen today, tomorrow, next week month or year. But it does.
- You love yoga because….
It is always there for me. Whatever the mood, the weather, geographical location; it always has your back and will make you feel great. And who doesn’t love to feel great!?
- What is your favourite posture/practice and why?
Paschimottanasana – seated forward fold. Whether you like it or not, this posture send signals to the sympathetic nervous system reducing stress or anxiety therefore calming the mind.
- Can you share 3 interesting facts about yourself?
- I love to sing! I was classically trained and am going to take up singing again in the near future!
- I have travelled to over 30 countries!
- If I don’t eat a packet of crisps every day I feel unhappy. I am addicted.
- What is your personal motto or favourite quote?
Get comfortable with the uncomfortable!
Annie teaches Vinyasa Flow Yoga on Mondays at 7.30pm – why don’t you come and meet her!